The Cyclone comes with an Alfine11 for extra range, dual disc brakes, sealed headset bearings, and Maxxis Gypsy 26x2.1 flat resistant tires. The internal hub allows you to change gears without pedaling and while stopped. It is easy to end up at the stop sign in 8th gear, so the internal hub allows you to simply shift to 1st and you are ready to go! The Cyclone also has a gear sensor which stops the motor during shifting and then engages it again like an automatic transmission. It is virtually seamless!
1. Start with a Cyclone in Red Raspberry or Black Metallic
2. Choose your size: Small (5' to 5'8), Large (5'7 to 6'2), or Extra Large (6'1 to 6'10)
3. The Cyclone only comes with the 350W Bafang mid drive
4. Choose a 11.6Ah, 14.5Ah, or 17.5Ah down tube mounted lithium battery
5. If you want, upgrade the drive train to a Nuvinci N380
- Battery attaches/locks to top tube with key
- 350 watt Bafang mid drive motor
- 48V/11.6 Ah, 14.5Ah, or 17.5Ah Lithium battery
- 25-45 mile range depending on terrain, rider, etc.
- 6 hour charge time
- 800+ charge cycles
- Brakes: Tektro Dual Disc, 160mm
- Tires: Maxxis Gypsy 26x2.10 Flat resistant
- Shifter: Shimano Rapid Fire Plus Trigger
- Stem: UNO, adjustable, alloy, 90mm
- Headset: VP sealed bearings
- Rims: Alex DA-24, 36 spoke, eyelets
- Chain: KMC Rustbuster
- Spokes: 12 gauge stainless
- Rear Hub: Shimano Alfine 11, 22 tooth
- Front Chainring: 46 tooth
- Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Weight: 54 pounds
- Wheel Base: 52"
New Features Starting 2017:
- Heavy Duty Adjustable Kickstand
- Stronger Backrest Hardware
- Seat Pan Holes for Installation of Rear Lights
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5' to 5'7 (up to 28" inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5'7 to 6'2 (28" inseam - 32" inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6'2 to 6'9 (32" inseam - 36" inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- There should never be more than 5" of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
- Black Metallic
- Red Raspberry Metallic
The following parts are proprietary and custom designed by Day 6.
- 16" Contour Seat is injection molded and designed to support all of you
- Contoured Ergo S'port Backrest with lumbar support fits perfectly
- EZ Reach Handlebars eliminate leaning forward
- U First Frame provides easy exit and entry and relaxed sitting