The Journey with a 350W Bafang mid drive is our least expensive internally geared bike. All the comfort and safety features that have made Day 6 so popular plus an internally geared Nexus7 hub and a mid drive motor and down tube mounted lithium battery.
1. Start with a Journey in Metallic White or Charcoal
2. Choose your size: Small (5′ to 5’8), Large (5’7 to 6’2), or Extra Large (6’1 to 6’10)
3. The Journey only comes with the 350W Bafang mid drive
4. Choose a 11.6Ah, 14.5Ah, or 17.5Ah down tube mounted lithium battery
5. If you want, upgrade the drive train to a Nuvinci N380
- Battery attaches/locks to down tube with key
- 350W Bafang mid drive motor
- 48V/11.6Ah, 14.5Ah, or 17.5Ah Lithium battery
- 25-40 mile range with NO pedaling at 17 mph on the flat (range will vary with rider input, weight, and terrain)
- 6 hour charge time
- 800+ charge cycles
- Tires: Kenda Kwest 26×1.75
- Brakes: V brake
- Rim: Alloy Double Wall Front and Rear
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum
- Spokes: 14 guage stainless
- Crankset: ProWheel
- Chain ring: ProWheel 36
- Shifter: 7 speed Shimano Nexus Trigger
- Hub: Shimano 7 speed Nexus
- Stem: UNO, alloy, adjustable, 90mm
- Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Weight: 53 pounds
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′ to 5’7 (up to 28″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’7 to 6’2 (28″ inseam – 32″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’2 to 6’9 (32″ inseam – 36″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- For Samson, add 1″ to above measurements.
- There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
- Metallic White
- Metallic Charcoal
The following parts are proprietary and custom designed by Day 6.
- 16″ Contour Seat is injection molded and designed to support all of you
- Contoured Ergo S’port Backrest with lumbar support fits perfectly
- EZ Reach Handlebars eliminate leaning forward
- U First Frame provides easy exit and entry and relaxed sitting