2020 Journeys have arrived!
The 2020 Journey has been upgraded! The Nexus7 internally geared hub has been upgraded to the Nexus8 and the rim brakes have been upgraded to disc brakes. Colors on the new bikes will be Red Raspberry, Turquoise, and Metallic Black.
We have also added a new, smaller 13″ seat called the Sport Seat; and the Contour Seat, which has been our popular 16″ cushion for over a decade, has been upgraded to dual density memory foam. You can read about them on our SEATS tab.
The easy shifting, internally geared Nexus8 from Shimano is low maintenance, eliminates multiple chain rings and the derailleur, and allows you to shift when stopped or on the move. As always, the Journey has Day 6’s trademark comfort and ergonomics which make riding a bicycle so much fun.
- Tires: Kenda Kahn 26×1.95
- Brakes: Tektro Disc Brakes
- Rim: Alloy Double Wall
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Crankset: ProWheel
- Headset: Neco Sealed Bearings
- Chain ring: ProWheel 36
- Shifter: Shimano Nexus 8 Speed/Trigger
- Hub: Shimano Nexus8 Internally Geared
- Stem: Alloy, fixed, 90mm
- Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
- Weight: 33 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″ (small 51″)
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5’0 to 5’7 (up to 28″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’7 to 6’2 (28″ inseam – 32″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’2 to 6’9 (32″ inseam – 36″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
- MB – Metallic Black
- RR – Red Raspberry
- TQ – Turquoise (expect XL)
- J7S-MB Metallic Black
- J7S-RR Red Raspberry
- J7S-TQ Turquoise
- J7L-MB Metallic Black
- J7L-RR Red Raspberry
- J7L-TQ Turquoise
- J7XL-MB Metallic Black
- J7XL-RR Red Raspberry
The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and Standard on All Day 6 Bicycles:
- 16″ Contour Seat with dual density memory foam OR 13″ Sport Seat to more easily reach the ground and pedals.
- Ergo S’port Backrest
- Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
- 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame
Nexus Internal Hub