The Journey and Dreams use the same frame but the Journey comes with the easy shifting, internally geared Nexus hub by Shimano. Due to supply chain issues, it could be a Nexus7 or a Nexus8. This is a low maintenance hub that eliminates multiple chain rings and the derailleur and allows you to shift when stopped or on the move without pedaling. The Journey comes with disc brakes and, as always, has Day 6’s trademark comfort and ergonomics which make riding a bicycle so much fun.
- Tires: Kenda Kwik Drumlin 26×2.0
- Brakes: Disc Brakes by Radius
- Rim: Alloy Double Wall
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Crankset: ProWheel
- Headset: Neco Sealed Bearings
- Chain ring: ProWheel 36
- Shifter: Shimano Nexus 8 Speed/Trigger
- Hub: Shimano Nexus7 Internally Geared
- Stem: Alloy, fixed, 90mm
- Weight Capacity: 250 Pounds
- Weight: 33 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″ (small 51″)
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5’1 to 5’9 (up to 30″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’7 to 6’3 (28″ inseam – 33″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’2 to 6’9 (32″ inseam – 36″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
- MB – Metallic Black
- RR – Red Raspberry
- TQ – Turquoise (not available on XL)
- J8S-MB Metallic Black
- J8S-RR Red Raspberry
- J8S-TQ Turquoise
- J8L-MB Metallic Black
- J8L-RR Red Raspberry
- J8L-TQ Turquoise
- J8XL-MB Metallic Black
- J8XL-RR Red Raspberry
The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and Standard on All Day 6 Bicycles:
- 16″ Contour Seat with dual density memory foam OR 13″ Sport Seat to more easily reach the ground and pedals.
- Ergo S’port Backrest
- Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
- 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame
Nexus 8 Internally Geared Hub
Tektro Aries Disc Brake with 160mm Rotor[gr-gap h=”100″]