The official bicycle of 6’5″, 287 pound, 18 year NFL veteran and 7 time Pro Bowler Lomas Brown and 6’10”, 380 pound, 19 year NBA veteran, Piston’s power forward and World Champion Rick Mahorn.
With a beefed up frame, the ability to hold up to 400lbs, and the option of adding a powerful 1000W motor, the Samson is the perfect bike to take professional athletes like Lomas and Rick anywhere!
1. Start with a Samson in Champagne or Black Metallic
2. Choose your size: Small (5′ to 5’8), Large (5’7 to 6’2), or Extra Large (6’1 to 6’10)
3. The Samson comes with the 750W or 1000W Bafang mid drive
4. Choose a 11.6Ah, 14.5Ah, or 17.5Ah down tube mounted lithium battery
5. If you want, upgrade the drive train to a Rohloff Speedhub
- Battery attaches/locks to top tube with key
- 750W or 1000W Bafang Mid Drive Motor
- 48V/11.6Ah, 14.5Ah, or 17.5Ah Lithium battery
- 25-40 mile range at 17 mph on the flat with no pedaling (range will vary with rider input, size, and terrain)
- 6 hour charge time
- 800+ charge cycles
- Brakes: Tektro Disc, 203 mm, Front and Rear
- Tires – Large & Small: Maxxis Gypsy 26×2.1 with Kevlar
- Tires – SamsonXL: Maxxis Hookworm 26×2.5
- Shifter: Shimano Acera Trigger
Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Stem: UNO, adjustable, alloy, 90mm
- Headset: VP sealed bearings
- Rims: Alex DM-24, 36 spoke, eyelets
- Chain: KMC Rustbuster
- Spokes: 12 gauge stainless
- Cassette: Shimano 11-32
- Front Chainring: 44 tooth
- Weight: 55 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Samson seat struts for extra stability
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′1 to 5’8 (up to 29″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’8 to 6’3 (29″ inseam – 33″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’3 to 6’10 (33″ inseam – 37″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
Colors: (available on all sizes)
- Graphite – GR
- Red Raspberry – RR
The following parts are proprietary and custom designed by Day 6:
- 16″ Contour Seat is injection molded and designed to support all of you
- Contoured Ergo S’port Backrest with lumbar support fits perfectly
- EZ Reach Handlebars eliminate leaning forward
- U First Frame provides easy exit and entry and relaxed sitting
Rick, Lomas and Kelly
Optional Internal Rohloff Speedhub
See why Day 6 is Rick Mahorn’s preferred bicycle choice!