We received 100 Samsons on June 24th and we have 8 left today – July 1st. All Extra Larges. The demand for all kinds of bikes is a bit crazy right now to say the least. We have more on order and are taking names for those who want to get on the list. If you want an XL, we can take care of you for now anyway.
Whatever you may think, the Samson is not just for big riders. The Samson is our top of the line, high end 24 speed bike with Deore derailleur, TRP Spyke disc brakes, and 26×2.35 tires. Yes, it has a heavy duty frame and 40 spoke wheels to handle a 400 pounder but people of all sizes can appreciate its great components and durability.
And, it is the best platform for an ebike we have ever seen.
The official bicycle of 6’5″, 287 pound, 18 year NFL veteran and 7 time Pro Bowler Lomas Brown and 6’10”, 380 pound, 19 year NBA veteran, Piston’s power forward and World Champion Rick Mahorn.
Big & tall is a common term these days. Not so common is a bicycle that can comfortably carry that person.
All the legendary comfort and ergonomics of a day 6 with the strength to carry riders up to 400 pounds due to a beefed up frame and upgraded components. You don’t have to be oversized to appreciate the upgraded features on the Samson.
- Tires: Kenda Kahn 26×2.35 Flat Resistant with Kevlar
- Rims: Double Wall with Eyelets – 40 spoke
- Spokes: 12 Gauge Stainless
- Crankset: Shimano
- Headset: Neco Sealed Bearings
- Chain ring: Shimano 22/32/42
- Chain: KMC rust buster
- Stem: Alloy, fixed, 90mm
- 24 Speed
- Brakes: TRP Spyke, 180mm rotor
- Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Shifter: Shimano Acera Trigger
- Seat Strut Kit
- Weight Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′2 to 5’10 (up to 31″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’8 to 6’4 (29″ inseam – 34″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’3 to 6’10 (33″ inseam – 37″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
- Metallic Black – MB
- Red Raspberry – RR
- Nautical Blue – NB
- S24S-BK Metallic Black (SOLD OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 2020)
- S24S-RR Red Raspberry (SOLD OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 2020)
- S24S-NB Nautical Blue (SOLD OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 2020)
- S24L-BK Metallic Black (SOLD OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 2020)
- S24L-RR Red Raspberry (SOLD OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 2020)
- S24L-NB Nautical Blue (SOLD OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER 2020)
- S24XL-BK Metallic Black
- S24XL-NB Nautical Blue
The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and Standard on All Day 6 Bicycles:
- 16″ Contour Seat with dual density memory foam OR 13″ Sport Seat to more easily reach the ground and pedals.
- Ergo S’port Backrest
- Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
- 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame