The official bicycle of 6’5″, 287 pound, 18 year NFL veteran and 7 time Pro Bowler Lomas Brown and 6’10”, 380 pound, 19 year NBA veteran, Piston’s power forward and World Champion Rick Mahorn.
Big & Tall is a common term these days. Not so common is a bicycle that can comfortably carry that person.
All the legendary comfort and ergonomics of a Day 6 with the strength to carry riders up to 400 pounds due to a beefed up frame and upgraded components. You don’t have to be oversized to appreciate the upgraded features on the Samson.
- Tires – Large & Small: Maxxis Gypsy 26×2.1 Flat Resistant with Kevlar
- Tires – SamsonXL: Maxxis Hookworm 26×2.5
- Rims: Alloy Double Wall Alex DM24 with Eyelets – 36 Spoke
- Spokes: 12 Gauge Stainless
- Crankset: Shimano
- Headset: Neco sealed bearings
- Chain ring: Shimano 22/32/42
- Chain: KMC rust buster
- Stem: UNO, alloy, adjustable, 90mm
- 24 Speed
- Brakes: Tektro Disc, 203 mm, Front and Rear
- Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Shifter: Shimano Acera Trigger
- Seat Strut Kit
- Weight Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′1 to 5’8 (up to 29″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’8 to 6’3 (29″ inseam – 33″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’3 to 6’10 (33″ inseam – 37″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
- Metallic Black – BK
- Red Raspberry – RR
- Nautical Blue – NB
- S24S-BK Metallic Black
- S24S-RR Red Raspberry
- S24S-NB Nautical Blue
- S24L-BK Metallic Black
- S24L-RR Red Raspberry
- S24L-NB Nautical Blue
- S24XL-BK Metallic Black
- S24XL-NB Nautical Blue
The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and Standard on All Day 6 Bicycles:
- 16″ Contour Seat (other standard bicycle seats available)
- Ergo S’port Backrest
- Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
- 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame