All the Samsons coming on the next shipment are sold and half of the ones on the May shipment are sold. If you want one, please call us or the local Day 6 dealer and we will save you one on our Want List. We are doing everything we can to get caught up with orders and thank you for your patience.
Whatever you may think, the Samson is not only for big riders. The Samson is our top of the line, high end 24 speed bike with upgraded brakes, tires, rim, and frame. Yes, it has a heavy duty frame and 40 spoke wheels to handle a 400 pounder but people of all sizes can appreciate its beefiness.
The new Samsons have a wider rear triangle giving you the option to upgrade the standard 26″x2.5 tire to a 26×3.0, 26×3.5, or a 26×4.0 tire or anything in between. With the purchase of an optional fat fork, you can also increase the size of your front tire. (Personally, we like the look and performance of a Vee Rubber Speedster 26×3.5 on the rear and a 26×2.8 Speedster on the front.)
The official bicycle of 6’5″, 287 pound, 18 year NFL veteran and 7 time Pro Bowler Lomas Brown and 6’10”, 380 pound, 19 year NBA veteran, Piston’s power forward and World Champion Rick Mahorn.
Big & tall is a common term these days. Not so common is a bicycle that can comfortably carry that person.
All the legendary comfort and ergonomics of a day 6 with the strength to carry riders up to 400 pounds due to a beefed up frame and upgraded components. You don’t have to be oversized to appreciate the upgraded features on the Samson.
Samson Nautical Blue
Samson Red Raspberry
Samson Metallic Black
- Tires: Kenda 26×2.4
- Rims: Double Wall with Eyelets – 40 spoke
- Spokes: 12 Gauge Stainless
- Crankset: Shimano
- Headset: Neco Sealed Bearings
- Chain ring: 22/32/42
- Chain: KMC rust buster
- Stem: Alloy, fixed, 90mm
- 24 Speed
- Brakes: Radius, 180mm rotor
- Derailleur: MicroShift
- Shifter: MicroShift
- Seat Strut Kit
- Weight Capacity: 400 Pounds
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Wheelbase: 52″
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5′2 to 5’9 (up to 29″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’8 to 6’3 (29″ inseam – 33″ inseam)
- Extra Large: Fits People from Approximately 6’2 to 6’10 (33″ inseam – 37″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- Inseam is a better indicator than height due to differences in trunk length.
- If you are on the bubble between sizes, it is always best to test ride one before purchasing.
- There should never be more than 4″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here. If there are 4 or more inches than you need the next size up.
- Yellow – YW (Small and Large)
- Red Raspberry – RR (Small and Large)
- Nautical Blue – NB (Small, Large, Extra Large)
- Metallic Black – MB (Large and Extra Large)
- S24S-YW Yellow
- S24S-RR Red Raspberry
- S24S-NB Nautical Blue
- S24L-MB Metallic Black
- S24L-RR Red Raspberry
- S24L-NB Nautical Blue
- S24L-YW Yellow
- S24XL-MB Metallic Black
- S24XL-NB Nautical Blue
The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and Standard on All Day 6 Bicycles:
- 16″ Contour Seat with dual density memory foam OR 13″ Sport Seat to more easily reach the ground and pedals.
- Ergo S’port Backrest
- Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
- 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame