We are pleased to offer you…. JOY.
People have been asking us to build a trike for years and we declined due to the large number of trikes available. In late 2018, however, we had twelve people in a two-week period tell us they wanted a Day 6 trike.
That string of calls spurred us to action and here we are with the all new trike from day 6 – the JOY.
We wanted a high-quality trike that was affordable and durable with great lines and day 6’s trademark comfort and ergonomics. Test ride one today and see why we are excited about the new JOY.
Hope to see new trikes in November of 2022 but nothing is for sure with the supply chain problems still hampering us.
The uniqueness of JOY.
Available in two widths. A traditional 30” width to get through standard doors and a 38” model that provides the ultimate in stability.
Kenda K-Rad 24×2.5 tires. Great traction on or off road with maximum comfort and stability.
Heavy duty fender stays are made from ¼” material so fenders will not rattle.
Our dual density memory foam Contour Seat and Ergo S’port backrest are standard on every JOY trike.
Available in electric with a Bafang 350W mid drive motor, pedal assist, and a 14Ah lithium ion battery.
- Tires:Kenda K
- Brakes:Disc front and rear
- Rim: Alloy Double Wall
- Frame: 6061 Aluminum
- Shifter: Sunrace Friction Shifter
- Speeds: 8 speed
- Derailleur: Shimano Alivio
- Spokes: 14 Gauge Stainless
- Headset: Sealed Bearings
- Chain ring: 38
- Rear cog: 11-32
- Chain: KMC rust buster
- Stem: UNO, alloy, fixed, 90mm
- Wheelbase: Large: 57” Small: 51”
- Overall Length: Large: 82” Small: 77”
- Basket: 21×15 at top/17.5×11.5 at bottom
- Weight: 30” – 57 pounds, 38″ – 60 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 350 Pounds
- Handlebar Height: 47”
- Rear Basket
- Heavy Duty Fenders
- Seat Height at lowest position: Large: 30.5″ Small: 28”
- Step Over Height: Large: 17.75” Small: 16.5″
- Small: Fits People from Approximately 5’2 to 5’10 (up to 30″ inseam)
- Large: Fits People from Approximately 5’8 to 6’4 (29″ inseam – 34″ inseam)
- All sizes approximate as everyone is different.
- It is always best to test ride before buying if possible.
- There should never be more than 5″ of seat post showing between top of collar and bottom of horizontal backrest tube. See example here.
- Turquoise – TQ
- Metallic Black – MB
- Red Raspberry – RR
- J30S–MB Metallic Black (SOLD OUT)
- J30S–RR Red Raspberry (SOLD OUT)
- J30S-TQ Turquoise (SOLD OUT)
- J38S-MB Metallic Black (SOLD OUT)
- J38S-RR Red Raspberry (SOLD OUT)
- J38S-TQ Turquoise (SOLD OUT)
- J30L–MB Metallic Black
- J30L-RR Red Raspberry
- J30L-TQ Turquoise
- J38L-MB Metallic Black (SOLD OUT)
- J38L-RR Red Raspberry (SOLD OUT)
- J38L–TQ Turquoise (SOLD OUT)
The following are all proprietary Day 6 designs and standard on all Day 6 Bicycles:
- 16″ Contour Seat with dual density memory foam
- Ergo S’port Backrest
- Aluminum EZ Reach Handlebars
- 6061 Aluminum U-First Frame
Joy38 with 38″ wide rear end for greater stability.
Heavy duty 1/4″ fender brackets.